|HIT Bring Changes in the Healthcare Industry|
In the 20th century, the practice of medicine from the clinical perspective has changed dramatically. The clinicians have embraced the technology that helps to provide a number of benefits in testing and treatment of patients.
The electronic health record system has initiated some concern with medical practice. Apparently, there are numerous factors involved which includes; unwillingness to give up from the paper based workflow, doubt of the return on investment, trouble in dealing with the different management in your practice; disbelief of the effectiveness in EHR system.
Objectives showing a positive impact on health and the health care industry
There are a number of objectives which describe many ways which shows that health IT and health communication might have a positive impact on health and the health care industry, which includes;
· Building of social support networks
· Providing resources and self-management tools
· Supporting the shared decision making between providers and patients
· Delivering accessible, actionable and accurate health information
· Simplifying the meaningful use of HITand interchange of health information between public health professionals and health care
· Growing of health learning abilities
· Allowing informed and immediate action to public health emergencies and to risks of health
· Increasing the value of mobile access and the internet
Why HIT is important?
The proper usage of health care technology and better communication of health practitioners may bring important tools of patient and public centered health services and information. With the combination of health communication processes, these tools can bring lots of advantages including;
· Improvement in the health care safety and quality
· Increase the number of public health service delivery and health care
· Improvement in the infrastructure of health information
· Supporting of care in the community or at different places
· Building of knowledge and health skills
Understanding of Health Information Technology
It is very easy and accessible now a day to use the internet for the delivery of services and health information. This makes increase in need for health professionals to maintain the development skills in the use and understanding of health information. Health information technology is to ease the workflow of medical practitioners by helping them to provide authentic, accurate and better services.
Components of intervention in HIT studies
There are four basic components of intervention in health information technology studies;
· this included the components which are testing
· the established infrastructure of technology
· The existed integration and electronic interfaces.
· Usability of system
· Specific actions of context
· Specialty support
Management of project
· causing difficult sociotechnical changes in process around the implementation of HIT
· supporting IT and other resources of organization to get project milestones
· HIT budgets controller ship
Changes in organization and culture
· Partnership between administrative leadership and medical staff to govern
· Alignment of incentives
· Assemble structural inertia to attain looked-for feedback through the change of process.
Changes bring health information technology
Before the EHR system, physicians were worried about the paper based record system. They knew that it would create some difficulties for them. They used to think about the secure electronic system which was practiced in other organizations.
Health information technology brings lots of positive changes in health care industry which includes;
· Enabling to informed decision making and increase the quality of care
· Helps in live saving through remote consultations it might be diagnostic or urgent
· Helps to make convenient, efficient and more cost-effective care delivery
· Helps to diagnose more accurately and provide facilities
· Provide faster and greater access to the medical history of patient which decreases the risk of drug interactions negatively and poor responses to treatment course
· Improves the coordination and efficiency in administration
· Provides facility of distant medical centers to the rural residents
· Decreases rates of transfer and medical costs through the visual technology and increasing timeliness of treatment
· Improve remote in-home monitoring and defensive care through tele medicine
· By the usage of wireless devices, it supports the real-time treatment.
In early 1990s electronic health record was just a concept rather than reality. Regardless of the concept of early stage, it was possible to discover like-minded practice and physician administrators, meanwhile visionary software management team decided to pay attention on the concept of EHR software. Now health information technology makes medical practices easier for the practitioners.